GC Connect is the Graduate Center’s career services management system powered by Symplicity. Students can use GC Connect to schedule appointments with our office, the Office of Career Planning & Professional Development, and the Writing Center.
Below is a step-by-step guide for using GC Connect.
Access GC Connect for the First Time
If you’re a current student …
A GC Connect account has already been made for you—you do not need to create a new account. To access your account, navigate to the GC Connect login page and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Student/Alumni” user icon
- Click “Forgot Password”
- Enter your GC email address (ending in @gradcenter.cuny.edu) and click “Go”
- Open your GC email account, locate the email titled “Career Services Password Reset Request,” and click the URL link at the bottom of the email to set your password
- Enter and confirm a new password, and then click “Save”
From now on, you’ll be able to login to GC Connect using your GC email address and the password you just created.
If you’re not a current student …
Request an Appointment
Log into GC Connect using your GC email address and your GC Connect password. Once on the GC Connect homepage, follow these steps:
- On the right-hand side of the homepage is a list of Shortcuts; click “Request an Appointment”
(Alternatively, you can use the site’s main navigation menu: Counseling & Calendar > Counseling Appointment; at the bottom of the page is the “Request New Appointment” button)
- Using the drop-down menu, select “Quantitative Research Consultation” as the type of appointment you wish to make
Using the drop-down menu, select “Remote Appointment” as the type of appointment you wish to make
(If you leave the appointment type blank, you will be able to see all available appointments)
- Select the date and time ranges for which you’d like to search for available appointments
- Select your preferred counselor(s) (if any)
(Please note that QRCC counselors will have “QRCC” listed beside their name)
- Select the days of the week when you’re available to meet
- Click “Check Availability”
- Select the appointment you want from those available that meet your search criteria
- Complete the required appointment confirmation form and click “Submit Request”
Your appointment request has now been submitted. You should receive an email confirmation. Later, you will receive a second email indicating approval or denial of your appointment request. Both requested and approved appointments are viewable in your GC Connect calendar.
Please note that students can schedule appointments only up to two weeks in advance.